Saturday 3 November 2012

WEEK 10 => 8 OCT - 14 OCT



Testing the ultrasonic sensor




In here I have done some working on the hardware I started with buying the components that I need from Jalan Pasar and I have constructed it.

So am going to show how I have constructed it and how the testing of the circuit went on.

·  The test is only for one sensor I wanted to see whether it is suitable or not and if it is working as good as I wanted for my project I will proceed with buying the other three ultrasonic sensors.

Firstly, I will start from the place that I bought my components from; the place is shown in the picture.






JalanPasar in google map



The place i bought the components from 




Secondly, types of components that I have used:

RESISTORS
CAPACITORS
IC
TRANSISTOR
1M (variable )
2.2µ
741 X 2
2N2222
10K X 8
1µ
555

5K (variable )
0.47µ X2
NE567

2.2K
0.0033µ


1.2K
0.1µ


1K
0.01µ






Datasheet that I followed:

741 : click here

NE567:click here



The constructing part



RECEIVER circuit :







TRANSMITTER circuit:




































                      Testing progress


 RECEIVER circuit :


Vo = 2.34V








Vo = 1.52 V 









































TRANSMITTER circuit:




Vo = 0.11V


















































Conclusion:

Form the testing that I have done with the help of mdm. Norahayati we found that when we measured the output voltage there is voltage drop in each stage that I have marked before , while it should be amplified to solve this problem I need to troubleshoot the circuit and try to figure out where is the problem from and at the same time I need to do some testing by using the oscilloscope to see and measure the frequency respond, and by using the oscilloscope I should get 40KHzSince the ultrasonic receiver used in this circuit is one designed to vibrate optimally at about 40 kHz, the transmitter paired with this receiver must also transmit 40 kHz waves. When these waves hit the receiver, the receiver vibrates and produces electric impulses, also at 40 kHz. These electric signals are amplified by the two op amps in the circuit, the amplified output of which are fed into the NE567 IC.  This is a PLL tone decoder,  and if I managed to get it that’s mean there is no problem In Shaa Allah. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment